Already have a Username/Password for Oregon Undergraduate Research Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). Publication in the Scholars Bank does *not* count as prior publication.
- The submission includes title page; abstract; text; acknowledgments; works cited. Supplementary files may be included as appropriate.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If accepted for publication, author retains copyright but grants to the public a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Author's UO faculty mentor has submitted a nomination form
OUR Journal is committed to open access to scholarship: we use and require that authors grant to the public a Creative Commons Attribution-3.0 Unported License, though some articles have in the past been licensed under a slightly more restrictive CC-BY-ND. The author retains full copyright ownership. Others are free to redistribute the articles without additional permission if appropriately attributed.
All redistributed copies or derivatives of articles must indicate the article title, author(s), license type, journal name, and link to the canonical version of the article on the journal site. This requirement is satisfied by the article headers in complete unmodified copies of articles. For articles licensed under CC-BY, derivative works must include the above information, and in addition must clearly indicate ways in which the derivative work differs from the original.
Journal frontmatter is distributed under CC-BY, subject to the attribution requirement that the journal be credited by name and link to Oregon Undergraduate Research Journal for any uses beyond what would be allowed based on Fair Use.
Names and email addresses entered in the OUR Journal site are used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.